Friday 21 October 2011

72: Friday 21st October 2011

The SBL Birthday and AGM! 

After a hectic cake hunt I finally made it the clubs AGM only to realse I had brought the wrong rucksack!!! Epic fail. It had the awards and entire plan in there. Luckily Tom and Heather came to the rescue rushing back to the house. 

Amazingly the club (Star Base Leicester the city's scifi and fantasy club) has been running for 6 years! I was only 21 when it started and thats kind of mind blowing. 6 years... ... in that time I've had 4 jobs, 3 homes and 1 operation and I'm not the only one... people have grown with the group... and trust be when we invade somewhere its a sight to see :) our biggest events reach 35 people :D 

Sometimes I do wonder if anyone appreciates the club, the work and time it takes etc but then I get votes for member of the year even when I'm not included and people saying they've nothing negative to feed back they like the club as it is. That makes me smile. I did win it once and that was cool.

Me doing the hopefully not too boring AGM bit

CAKE! we actually had three lol

No comments:

Post a Comment