Thursday 13 October 2011

80: Thursday 13th October 2011

I'd class today a success I think.

Mastered physio, figured out some new exercises to do, joining the gym after writing this, and had a good event at Gifts for geeks. Got a new hoodie too, perfect fit which is rare (thanks tom).

The best bit was trying out team games of Magic and resisting the urge to buy a big box of boosters. Did you know magic was created by a mathmatics professor?  Anyway, it's really not wise to waste money on non essentials now-a-days. Then again if we don't have our hobbies and enjoyments what have we got? For now I'll resist. It feels like the hype of the event is in too much control for now.  My phrase when it comes to buying is

"If in doubt, don't."
It's that simple and it saves you an amazing amount of money. As does recycling things.

tip: 2 litre pop bottles make awesome plant pots. Cut them just under half way from the bottom but don't cut completely off (It kind of resembles a puppets mouth) and fill with soil.  You end up with a mini green house, for free.

Score- 8/10: still nothing exciting or new, or amazing...

3 comments:

  1. Good tip, will have to remember that.

    After reading ur blogs I'm thinking about growing some stuff myself. I have a garden I don't use and it would save some money to grow things you could eat!

    Can you post more pics of what you're growing?

    ReplyDelete
  2. :D glad to have inspired though I warn you getting started can be more expense ridden than you'd think.

    Next up onions :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going to plant the ones that eat Zombies!

    ReplyDelete