Friday 28 October 2011

65: Friday 28th October 2011

It is odd! Its like my brain has mutated or lost an ability! Did I ever write essays???

It is seriously wierd after 6 years going back to the class room. I didn't expect it but when I sat down to do the essay my brain said "No" it's like I forgot how to read non-fiction (it's not all fact). 

Then again I've not been doing much reading lately anyway. DARN! WHAT IS THAT!!!!!!




There's this odd noise like a pixie in the walls knocking to come in. it keeps moving, so as soon as it moves closer I'm out of here! 

Here's something to think about, ground rules. You have them in the class room, you have them at work. Where else?

Score: 7/10 though my mind is buzzing with new information I may not sleep

3 comments:

  1. The more you do something, the better you get at doing it. It's called practice. So it follows that the less you do something, the worse you get! The great thing about the human brain though is that it can be endlessly reprogrammed with new things, it's a computer which never becomes obsolete. Usually the programming bit is hard work though, which is why people sometimes give up on learning, but nothing worth doing is easy.

    What is an essay anyway? When I was writing them in school I think I just regurgitated words until the requisite number of pages was full, but I'm sure they're meant to be more rigidly structured than that. Do you ask a question then attempt to answer it? Do you describe the thing you're writing the essay about then add your own opinion? Are they just collected facts strung together to make an argument? Once you have the structure you can plan the thing out, which always makes it easier - a bit like designing a form for someone to fill out, then once it's all written you take away the questions, like scaffolding.

    Anyway, I almost wrote an essay in your comments. If you want any help you can always e-mail me and I'll send you some ideas/tips/grammatical corrections.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm, this is interesting. The basic structure is quite simple, a bit like a 3 act play.

    http://essaychampions.com/writing/write-essays-essay-writing/essay-format/

    ReplyDelete
  3. :) remember I wrote essays for a long time so it came back to me slowly. I appreciate your essay though :) Thanks essay 2 coming soon...

    ReplyDelete