Thursday 6 October 2011

87: Thursday 6th October 2011

*yawn*

I’m bit late posting today because I got very distracted with a craft project. As many will know I have a lot of scrap material about the house. Especially ripped jeans and I’ve been trying to figure out a way to use them for some time… and today it struck me! With living in an old house we have many draughts. So we needed a draught excluder! 

Problem one
Problem two

The solution


 While I enjoyed seeing this finished it is a rather... excess use of the material. In fact it's to wide I used not so scrap material in it.  A tape measure or template might work better next time. But I only need one so no matter. One trouser leg with pockets sewn up so bugs don't 'nest' and no more scraps!

Score 7.5/10: things are finally getting fixed though I doubt I'll be fixing the letter box. It's painted to the door!

4 comments:

  1. You could try painting"paintbrush restorer" on the letterbox to loosen the paint,It also gets paint off of clothes.Is the letterbox painted shut?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, I'm guessing thats turps you're talking about. No post still comes through (even the bills :P) it's just painted to it. Will try the turps/paintbrush restorer on it though :D Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. In my experience there isn't much that can't be fixed with a hammer and/or some superglue

    ReplyDelete
  4. if only I owned the door...

    ReplyDelete