Tuesday 27 September 2011

96: Tuesday 27th September 2011

I am in shock! Two good days in a row with only a little annoyance (chores and a url headache).

This morning I did my first shift as a library assistant and was amazed at how community orientated Highfields library is. Learning all the processes that make a library work is fascinating.

This I followed up with a local Magic tournament (magic the gathering that is). But disaster nearly struck!!! With an hour to go I discovered it was a standard tournament and most my cards didn't qualify! 

Luckily I was convinced to buy a deck there and then, and quickly add a few of my own cards that did qualify, and you know what? It was kind of worth the £11(ish) as I came 7th out of 25 and there was some serious players! Well 'chuffed' and very shocked. Got a funky card too... Sun Quan, lord of wu.


Even caught up with an old relative so an epic win for the day.

Score 8/10: It doesn't matter who you are its nice to achieve something in your hobby and be able to compete with peers

up tomorrow... having a tooth removed at the hospital...

1 comment:

  1. So tomorrow is going to be a 2/10?

    That should bring the average down considerably.

    ReplyDelete